At Elbit Systems of America (ESA), we spend our days working on exciting and meaningful innovative solutions that protect and save lives. From providing solutions for our warfighters and commercial pilots, to providing lifesaving medical instrumentation and homeland security technologies, the employees of Elbit Systems of America understand the value of their work and why we do what we do each and every day. We are looking for extraordinary people to join us in making a difference in the lives of others.
We are currently recruiting for a highly talented IT Systems Engineer - but we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we’re pretty confident you’ll love it here.
Install and Maintain Hardware, Storage and Integration for Computer Systems
As a Systems Engineer, you will work closely with the Systems Architect to help design the hardware, storage needs, integration requirements, etc. needed to meet the needs of the program. This may also include configuring components, and troubleshooting any issues during and after implementation. Systems Engineer, you will install, configure and monitor the different components our hardware systems.
Upgrade Existing Components
In addition to designing and installing new systems, you will also be responsible for upgrading components in existing systems by installing updated components to improve the operation of a system.
Maintain and Monitor Equipment
As a Systems Engineer, you will be expected to continually monitor systems and make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to keep these systems operating smoothly. You may also perform scheduled maintenance on systems to avoid any down time due to system issues. Included in the System Engineer’s responsibilities are diagnosing production problems and providing technical, strategic and procedural support to their organizations. They also assist in resolution implementation.
Maintain and Manage the Systems Integration Lab (SIL)
As the SIL manager, you will also be responsible for maintaining and standardizing the SIL(s). This would entail keeping an inventory of installed devices, keeping a network topology map of installed systems in the SILs, as well as being the approver for all changes that are made within the SIL.
The Systems Engineer should be familiar with Solar Winds to be able to identify issues, define and implement a resolution for system outages.
Bachelor Degree (Required) in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
5+ years direct experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Must be proficient in Linux and Windows operating systems, Windows Active Directory, VMWare and VCenter (ESXI), and Windows workstations.
- Should be familiar with Milestone digital video recorders.
- Must have working knowledge administering Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of IT Infrastructure for engineering programs. Participate in overall IT planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems to meet customer needs.
- Provide project specific architectural and comprehensive technology designs, solutions and implementation plans for programs having IT content, to include cost/schedule estimates.
- Consult in development of architectural strategy, including technology standardization, infrastructure guiding principles and modernization.
- Installing and configuring Operating Systems and application software.
- Experience with scripting languages and the ability to write and debug scripts
- Work closely with the engineering architectural team to align technical solutions to program and technology strategies.
- Monitor deployed systems using remote monitoring tools.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and provide input to project timelines for various projects.
- Perform system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
- Upgrade system hardware and software components as required.
- Provide Level 3 expert support and outage support
- Ability to learn and work with new and different technologies to meet customer needs.
- Creates IT Standards for department, performs research and investigations
- Ability to acquire DoD security clearance or to pass background investigation for other government agencies or for companies for which we are subcontractors.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Location: Ft Worth