About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
IT Technical Support Rep. I - Job Description
Frontier Communications is seeking a Technical Support Rep. The Technical Support Rep is responsible for monitoring the core network, systems, and jobs and reacting to alarms/events generated within an infrastructure monitoring platform based on corresponding procedures. You'll be part of a team that is responsible for 24x7x365 maintenance and monitoring of our networks, applications, and systems. As part of this team, you will monitor and maintain numerous complex multi-tiered Network environments that deliver content to desktop, mobile, and server platforms.
- Core network monitoring functionality to include but not limited to all Frontier network routers switches, hubs, wired and wireless network peripherals.
- Monitor, identify, resolve, and/or escalate alerts to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Monitor, identify, resolve, and/or escalate alerts on all operating system platforms, including AS400, UNIX, and Intel environments utilizing BMC Patrol.
- Responsible for identifying problems as they occur, work with level 2 support personnel to ensure proper steps are taken to resolve problems outside of scope.
- Responsible for following procedures for processing of batch files, troubleshooting and reporting errors; utilizing CA Autosys, HelpSystems Robot tools.
- Monitor and identify application health check failures, and ensure appropriate process is followed to resolve failures.
- Manage tape media environments to ensure backups are successful, copies of backups are rotated to offsite location and scratch media is available.
- Monitor Data Center environmental conditions, performing escalations as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Associate degree or 1-3 years’ experience in the operation of computer equipment and systems.
- Functional understanding of TCP.P network protocol.
- Working knowledge of standard and non-standard network troubleshooting tools and processes (e.g. ping, tracert, Solar Winds - Orion, ect.)
- 1-3 years working experience in a large scale Network Operations Center (NOC).
- General knowledge of ping, tracert, and other network troubleshooting commands.
- Working knowledge of NOC environments.
- Familiarity with the ITIL framework.
- General knowledge of the Crisis Management Process.
- General knowledge of UNIX, Intel, AS400 operating system internals, system manager tools; account/file maintenance; user level commands and utilities.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other tools such as (Exchange, Excel, Word, Share Point).
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written directions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
- Customer focused and team oriented with excellent written and communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Problem solving skills is an inherent skill required.
- Self-motivated and an independent worker and thinker with strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Team provides 24x7 365 day coverage, must have the ability to work a schedule consisting of weekends, twelve hour shifts and rotating holidays. This position may require limited and infrequent travel.