- Higher level help desk for CAD/PDM systems
- Answering phones and entering into ticketing system, first level troubleshooting then escalate as needed to Systems Analyst
- Volume: 50/week, likely to get busier as system migrates to Windchill
- 10-60 min calls
- Mostly how-tos and training with CATIA, CREO, Windchill, linking issues. Ask that they train users vs just doing task
- Engineering background helpful, good communications, high level customer service
- At least 1 year in engineering CAD systems
- Hours 7-4, if project requires, could be extended occasionally, still maintain 40 hours/week
- Onsite only
- Be a problem solver
The Engineering Systems Support team provides support to customers’ technical calls on advanced software issues. This team will also provide a 1st point of contact by troubleshooting, supporting, and training to employees who utilize our CAD/PLM Systems, as well as provide support for the Defense IT none-CAD/PLM Systems. As a member of this team, the Technical Support Specialist will provide a direct line for users to work with end-users to address Information Technology systems, client-side, and server problems and requests impacting end-user productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for resolving moderately complex problems experienced by end-users working with the CAD/PLM systems.
- Tests computer hardware and software to fulfill requests.
- Provides timely resolution of moderately complex problems or escalations on behalf of the end user.
- Provide cases status updates to management and end users.
- Evaluate requests for new software solutions.
- Monitor, gather, and provide recommendations for issues regarding system and technical support functions that affect application diagnostics, quality, tooling, computer communication, etc.
- Document management for Best Practices and Training.
- Facilitate user training
- Coordinate application management activities.
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Information Technology, Engineering, or related experience.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skill with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (Certified Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - IT Infrastructure, Certified ITIL Foundation, etc.)
- Experience working with Outlook, video and audio conferencing (WebEx)
- One (1) or more years of prior experience with
- Service Desk
- Engineering Change Notices
- Creo Parametric
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks & Regards.