Do you want to join a team with plenty of opportunities for growth? Continuing Life is hiring an IT Tech to fill a position that is open due to a recent promotion! The IT Technician works with the larger IT team to monitor and maintain the local network and servers; keeping equipment and software up-to-date; ensuring backup systems operate effectively; and troubleshooting hardware and software issues. Maintain Audio/Visual systems, Telecommunication Systems including VOIP phones, WI-FI networks, printer installation/troubleshooting, Valcom PA System, Smart TV�s and Cable TV DTA installations and other low voltage systems.
- Maintains corporate user PCs.
- Provides technical support and guidance to resident and employee users.
- Functions in a helpdesk capacity for local and remote sites.
- Provides support to users for desktops, laptops, printers, all software suites and other peripherals.
- Performs maintenance, repairs and provides assistance for IT related systems, as well as low voltage telecommunications systems including telephones, audio/video appliances, fire alarms and emergency call systems. WI-FI network set up, troubleshooting, and other tasks as needed.
- Ability to guide staff and residents with proper equipment use and set up.
- Assists with the implementation of upgrades and new software implementations.
- Minimizes risk to organization whenever possible via proper management of IT systems. Uses all resources in prudent manner.
- Completes assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Provides excellent customer service to staff and residents. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills. Actively participates as a team player and problem solver.
- A+ certification preferred.
- Ability to repair and maintain computers.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in a technical support role.
- Ability to troubleshoot and setup Audio/Visual Equipment such as surround sound, smart TV�s, DVD players and Blu-ray.
- Familiarity with tracing, toning and punching down of Telecommunication wiring to 66 blocks.
- Networking experience preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of the following ; Windows 7, anti-virus applications, spyware, imaging software, DNS, DHCP, GPOs, VMWare, backup applications, Active directory.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems as well as Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to comply and maintain software licensing.
- Must have a passion for providing excellent customer service.