F&M MAFCO, Inc. is seeking an experienced IT Technician
Position Overview: Under general direction, supports, maintains, and evaluates personal computers, servers and networking systems in a business environment. The position will be a combination of approximately 40% PC support, 40% network administration and 20% network engineering. Reports to the IT Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities - PC Support:
- Procures and deploys PC hardware and software as needed for business processes, for both desktop and laptop environments
- Provides PC and end-user support
- Installs Network Printers and printer drivers
- Responds to, and tracks help desk requests.
- Recommends improvements in PC systems to improve function and reliability, and reduce cost.
- Supports smart phone users with integration into our email system.
- Network Administration/Server Support
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
- Provides support for email system by creating users mailboxes and maintaining distribution lists
- Monitors daily backup processes, and assures their successful operation
- Responsible for installation and configuration of network switches
- Analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems.
- Assists with the resolution of server or data network problems.
- Maintains documentation relating to network security, network topology, and IT assets.
- Maintains company-wide phone system.
- Install, configure and maintains security camera system
Microsoft PC based business applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
Must understand Network switching/routing, tcp/ip, dhcp, dns
HP Network Switches
Barracuda Backup System
VMware ESX 6.5
Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Ability to troubleshoot and ensure timely resolution of PC and network issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust priorities as conditions require.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of team members, many of whom are non-technical.
- Passionate about technology, personal computing, and network architecture and design, and follows current trends in eachExperience/Education
- 3+ years’ experience in all areas of PC Support and network administration
- Any combination of education or training equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree in information technology or related area.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with solid potential to excel. If you are interest in joining our team, applications/resumes will be accepted (EOE/M/F/V/D):
F&M MAFCO, Inc. - The Powerful Solutions People sells, rents, repairs, and reconditions tools and equipment. We provide construction tools, equipment, cranes, industrial gases and supplies to power plants, paper mills, coal preparation plants, steel mills, petrochemical plants, sewage treatment plants and industrial facilities around the world. Our contractor customers find that we are the single source for new construction, plant modification, repair work, and day-to-day plant maintenance. To learn more about F&M Mafco, Inc. go to: www.fmmafco.com
Computer Support Specialist