The IT Operations Manager’s role is to supervise and ensure the efficient operation of the company’s Warehouse Management Software, client servers, databases, and warehouse equipment. This includes managing the IT staff responsible for monitoring and diagnosing the Warehouse Management application, network and hardware problems. The IT Operations Manager will also work closely with the IT executive staff and Business decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions and customer implementations for all aspects of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strategy & Planning
• Lead IT department operational planning and projects and organize and negotiate the allocation of IT resources.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources – including personnel and equipment – across the organization.
• Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
• Develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
• Conduct system feasibility studies and testing.
• Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Recognize efficiency opportunities.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including applications, network, servers and associated hardware.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Bring forward purchase recommendations of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
• Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
• Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
• Develop requests for proposal.
• Ability to manage the IT part of starting a new Distribution Center and the Systems Implementation.
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
• Manage operations staffing in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio.
• Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Manage offshore resources where applicable.
Our mission at York Solutions is to always have a positive impact on the lives, the careers, and the future development of IT professionals within the communities we serve.
With over 25 years of experience, we are a veteran-owned IT consulting firm that uses a non-transactional, value-based approach to provide clients with custom workforce solutions to achieve business, technology, and operational goals. Using a strategic partnership approach with our clients, York Solutions focuses on fostering a long-term, trust-based relationship.
In addition to working with companies, we work with IT professionals to find the right company and role for their skills, while also working with them through professional development programs like our association, Think IT, and our Link to Leadership program.
Finally, we are dedicated to furthering an equal-opportunity workforce through our community involvement with our partner, Genesys Works, and through our own Barriers to Entry Program.
We are committed to providing creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
York is committed to providing high-level service and value to our clients and consultants. In that vein, York Solutions has developed a peer-to-peer professional development association called “Think IT” that we are often told by members, is “second to none.” This association consists of well over 2,400 members in 7 different groups from the local IT leadership and technical community within the Twin Cities, as well as over 650 members in Chicago.