US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 7,000 employees located throughout the U.S. Founded in 2009 as three business units with 17 branches, US LBM has rapidly grown through both acquisitions as well as by gaining market share and the opening of new branch locations.
Item File Analyst applies set logic to assign Product Codes, Product Descriptions, Units of Measure and Product Group assignment for items in US LBM ERP systems. This associate will also support company SKU harmonization efforts to eliminate duplicate SKUs from the ERP systems. This associate will assist in maintaining the Company-wide master Product File. This associate works independently and uses judgment when completing tasks.
Essential Job Duties:
- Uses independent judgment to apply logic to SKU ID creation and management.
- Maintain product information within the company ERP and other software systems.
- Support the cleanup of the legacy SKU databases conversion to the Company ERP system.
- Work collaboratively with managers to ensure products are reflected appropriately.
- Communicate project progress and milestones to implementation managers.
- Communicate requests status and issues through request tracking and collaboration tools.
- Maintain close working relationships with OPCO purchasers.
- Maintain continuity in the Company ERP system item file by strictly enforcing US LBM data standards.
- Work in partnership with Managers to coordinate Product details and UOM requirements.
- Develop filters for data to ensure the accuracy of the sku items in relation to the product line.
- Prepare sku data for uploading to ERP system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�High School Diploma with knowledge of industry terminology
- Minimum experience required�2 years of purchasing, inventory control or materials input or warehousing experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL or other related database applications
- Knowledge of computer based inventory system.
- Special skills required�Ability to use calculator and computers. Understanding the stock, inventory control and warehousing principles.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have knowledge of parts, material supplies, etc. relative to the industry
- Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, standing and walking, bending or stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.