Performs a variety of item processing, administrative and support duties as assigned in conformance with the Bank's policies, procedures and objectives. Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to internal and external customers.
- Performs a variety of check processing activities, to include processing items through Remote Merchant Deposit, Branch Capture, Incoming and Outgoing check files with the Federal Reserve Bank and other clearing agents according to established procedures and schedules. Reconciles and resolves out of balance transaction conditions and makes adjustment decisions as necessary and in conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Enters and reconciles Incoming and Outgoing Electronic Cash Letter files using the Federal Reserve secure transport application, processing both debit and credit entries.
- Verifies computer output related to electronic transactions generated via Secure Transport, Check 21 and Check Adjustments services using the Fed Line.
- Provides statistical information necessary for various Item Processing Departmental reports to include monthly check clearing volumes, return item totals and adjustments and research and statement requests.
- Processes internal and external customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, account locks, stop payments, loan payments and general ledger entries via mail, check processing and lock box applications.
- Assists internal and external customers with check related items via phone and written correspondence in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed guidelines. Ensures full compliance with the Bank's Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required. May serve in a backup capacity for other operations positions as necessary.
- Refers sales opportunities to other departments or bank affiliates in support of established objectives.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of one year of Bank Operations or Retail Banking experience or its equivalent.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Successful completion of hands-on or classroom teller and customer service training.
- Ability to operate check sorting machine, including ability to routinely lift check trays weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have scheduling flexibility and be able to work extended hours as needed.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.