Provide members and branch/department personnel a high level of service in an efficient and courteous manner. Process multiple job functions related to ATM deposits and/or remittance and transit processing within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each day's transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Process and balance mailed in and electronically received deposits and payments, branch transit checks and ATM deposits. Review imaged deposits, key, adjust, hold according to established procedures.
2. Research and respond to member/branch/ Contact Center inquiries timely. Post journal vouchers for any adjustments sent by the Accounting department
3. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
4. Prepare files for transmission to the Federal Reserve. Assist in preparing the balance sheets for end of day processing.
5. Log and maintain all check logs according the established policies and procedures. Monitor/log "live" checks and ensure the destructions according to standards set forth by management.
6. Perform system validation as changes/upgrades occur
7. Monitor and maintain the transport. Report any system issues to management to ensure vendors are contacted to find timely resolutions.
8. Participate in department projects as assigned.
9. Identify and report fraudulent activity to management to prevent potential loss to the credit union.
10. Process, balance CheckFree/Metavante exceptions. Complete and send all corrections within established timelines.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Branch and department staff.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, financial institutions, Federal Reserve Bank, correspondent banks and vendors.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Six months experience at a financial institution preferred.
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Professional member relations skills & telephone etiquette
· Personal computer skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled