Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
This position reports to the Master Data Management team. The person in this position will provide ETL and data base query support for the Master Data Management Team, as well as other teams in the Analytics department. The person will work with providers and subscribers of data to maintain current ETL routines, and develop and document new ETL routines.
- Provides application and technical information system support.
- Analyzes, designs, builds, tests, trains and supports ETL routines to support the Master Data Management environment.
- Works with developers and analysts to convert business requirements into ETL routines
- Documents ETL routines as appropriate.
- Coaches data stewards and other consumers of data
- Works with analyst and developers to incorporate data quality checks into ETL routines
- Develops ETL in such a way as to be able to include in existing and new job streams
- "On Call" responsibilities as required, circulated among the team.
- Builds and maintains assigned applications and interfaces.
- Guides the development and execution of test scripts and testing methodology.
- Develops and maintains relationships with developers and analysts.
- Provides customer response and updates according to current policies and procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of data.
- Participates actively in “How Hartford Healthcare Works” (H3W), Hartford Healthcare’s Quality Improvement program, and in LEAN
- Participates in project management as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Gross motor function; both hand, both feet
- Fine motor function; both hands
- Ability to bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, push, pull
SECTION 5: QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Additional Skills & Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and four to six (4 – 6) years of related experience.
- Four years’ experience with querying SQL data bases
- Minimum two years’ experience in creating ETL routines
- Excellent analysis, debugging and troubleshooting skills, and problem solving required
- Development experience in Informatica Powercenter strongly preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with data quality tools like Informatica IDQ strongly preferred
- Strong with Oracle, SQL
- Good knowledge of Unix
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement.
- Due to sensitive security and financial responsibilities, must successfully pass Credit/Financial screenings.
- Working knowledge of general information technology policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to operate various office machines including printers, computers and various software packages.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Prioritization skills.
- Process improvement and quality skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Must be willing and able to come to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Travel to Hartford Healthcare sites within 50 miles of Hartford will be required occasionally.
- No fiscal responsibility.
- Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the HHC and/or Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
- Communicates messages clearly and concisely
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.