TransCore (TCI) a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:ROP) is seeking an ITS Technician I to join our team in Tampa, FL.
Perform construction services on Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Traffic Signal Systems on various FDOT, County, and City Contracts. .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs equipment including but not limited to cameras, detectors, controller cabinets.
- Installs electrical conductor, data conductor, and fiber optic cable.
- Installs pull boxes, conduit, poles and foundations.
- Connects conductors to equipment to make equipment work correctly.
- Connects electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment.
- Tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
- Prepares logs to keep track of field conditions and installation activities.
- Mentors/trains less experienced technicians.
- Trains, mentors, and provides direction to junior technicians.
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests within an acceptable time frame.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years installing, maintaining and/or supporting electronic toll systems.
- Basic computer experience.
- FDOT approved MOT Certification
- Knowledge of how to request and perform Utility Locates
- CDL Class A
- Operation of Mini Excavators, tracked loaders and other construction equipment
- IMSA Traffic Signal I
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).