TransCore (TCI) a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:ROP) is seeking an ITS Technician I to join our team in Orlando, FL.
This position will perform on-site or in-house maintenance and repair of customer toll equipment. Technician will work independently in an assigned area and complete all assigned duties. Technician will interface directly with the client in the assigned area and in other areas around the toll system as needed. Technician will effectively use work order system and inventory system to track and document maintenance and repair activity. Time management is essential to meeting contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment to include PC based computers, video surveillance equipment, network communications equipment, radio equipment, Close Circuit Television (CCTV) and Microwave Vehicle Detection System (MVDS) units, and Dynamic Message Signs (DMS).
Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame.
Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
Restores equipment to operational status as quickly as possible.
Isolation of faults in units or components
Field test of units or components; tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience.
- Basic computer and networking experience.
- FDOT approved Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) certification.
- Knowledge with requesting and performing utility locates.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, College degree preferred.
- CDL Class B license.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing CCTV and MVDS units and DMS signs.
- IMSA Traffic Signal level I certification.