TransCore (TCI), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time ITS Technician II (Field) to join our team in the Tampa, FL area.
The ITS Technician II (Field) will perform maintenance services on Intelligent Transportation System and Traffic Signal System field equipment throughout various Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), County, and City contracts. This position also performs any aspect of installation and maintenance to include: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; and documentation. This is a hands-on role and the qualified candidate must be capable of determining the most effective means to performing the requirements of this position to maximize efficiency and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment to include PC based computers, video surveillance equipment, network communications equipment, radio equipment, Close Circuit Television (CCTV), Microwave Vehicle Detection System (MVDS) units, and Dynamic Message Signs (DMS), and RF antennas, switches, fiber optic patch panels, cabling, various terminal blocks, and lighting.
- Assist in restoring equipment to operational status as quickly as possible.
- Traffic control placement in high and low speed environments.
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of toll collection equipment to include computers, video surveillance equipment, RFID, and network communications equipment.
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Restores equipment to operational status as quickly as possible.
- Isolation of faults in units or components
- Field test of units or components; tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 - 4 years of related experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Through knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software, including windows 2000, XP,serial communications and TCP/IP concept
- AC / DC Electrical Experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment (required)
- Practical experience with electronics/technology hardware.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in troubleshooting / repairing CCTV's, and MVDS
- Component level board repair experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One-year Certificate from college or technical school or equivalent military training and experience desired.