TransCore (TCI), a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking an Intelligent Transportation System Facilities Management (ITSFM) Drafter/Editor to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
Summary: The ITSFM Drafter/Editor prepares clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes initial and final sketches of proposed drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Draws charts for representation of statistical data.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Able to apply the skill to its full capacity.
- Bentley Micro Station
- FDOT ITSFM Software
Basic understanding of the skill.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, excel, and word)
- FDOT ITSFM Editor training
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates degree preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience