TransCore (TCI), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking three (3) Intelligent Transportation System Facility Management (ITSFM) Technicians to join our team in Tampa, FL.
Summary: The ITSFM Technician will perform field geospatial data location collection and import on Intelligent Transportation System and Traffic Signal Systems field equipment throughout various Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), County, and City contracts. The ITSFM is populated with enormous data and it is critical the data is collected and entered in the ITSFM utilizing predetermined standards to provide maximum functionality from the system. This position shall follow ITSFM standards to ensure the system is populated with consistent information across the FDOT Districts and Regional Partners. This is a hands-on role and the qualified candidate must be capable of determining the most effective means to performing the requirements of this position to maximize efficiency and safety.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Following ITSFM standards to ensure the system is populated with consistent information across the FDOT Districts and Regional Partners.
- Ensuring routine changes and modifications performed in the field are updated in the system.
- Responsibility to follow the standard naming conventions to ensure query and reporting tools provide the expected results.
- Ensuring database updates are performed on a timely basis to ensure accurate information about the installed facilities is available each time the system is accessed.
- Responsibility to follow the standard naming conventions to ensure query and reporting tools provide the expected results.)
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license as driving is a requirement of the position.
Required Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Through knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software, including windows 2000, XP, serial communications and TCP/IP concept.
Desired technical Skills & Competencies:
- FDOT ITSFM data collection process
- Training in Trimble Geo 7X handheld operations
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One-year Certificate from college or technical school preferred