Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is seeking a general Pediatric Surgeon to join our experienced team who work well together and strive for continual advancement of the profession and improved patient outcomes.
Pediatric surgeons at Riley at IU Health are experienced in performing the full spectrum of pediatric surgery. With eight board certified ed pediatric surgeons, the team provides 24/7, on-site surgical coverage allowing for timely evaluation of children with emergent and urgent surgical conditions. Caring for children of all ages, our surgeons, anesthesiologists and clinical team members are committed to advancing techniques for improved recovery after surgery and limiting opioid use. We participate in multidisciplinary teams and coordinate seamless care for even the most complex patients. In addition, Riley Pediatric Surgery continues to expand the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques, including thoracoscopy, laparoscopy and robotic surgery, and therapeutic interventions, such as extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
The Riley at IU Health surgery team leads Indiana’s only pediatric Level I Trauma Center, which serves more than 1,600 patients each year. Our multidisciplinary trauma team, takes rapid and decisive action to provide effective treatment in critical situations when seconds matter. With four trauma bays in the emergency department and an operating room always available for incoming critical cases, our trauma services team is ready for any scenario.
The surgical team at Riley directs many clinical and basic science research programs aimed at improving surgical quality, reducing lengths of stay and achieving superior surgical outcomes. In addition, our surgical team participates in a multi-institutional consortium that shares clinical resources to allow wider investigation among larger patient populations. Our surgeons are also active in designing new clinical care pathways and conducting research to continually advance pediatric surgery at Riley Children's Health and pediatric hospitals nationwide.
- Provide general pediatric sugery clinical care & coverage to pediatric trauma services
- Academic portion of the position allows for both given interest of the candidate & direction of the division
- Full-time position with shared call coverage
- Faculty appointment with the IU School of Medicine
- Comprehensive dual benefits covered by both IU Health Physicians & the IU School of Medicine
- Completion of a Pediatric Surgery fellowship
- American Board of Surgery BE/BC
- Physician MD licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in the state
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati