Amazon Connect (IVR) Developer
As part of Contact Center for USCB, the IVR Developer will need to deliver projects and call flow implementations for various functionalities offered as part of our Cards & Payments space. The role includes understanding the technical design and working closely with the team lead and other counterparts like QE and VUI designers and deliver quality code in a timely and agile manner
What will you be doing?
o Responsible for understanding technical design and deliver quality code.
o Work with the BA’s, VUI Designers and other component teams closely
o Write detailed unit test cases to ensure proper code coverage
o Support testing phase and fix defects with strict SLA.
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of experience with developing applications using Java 7/8 / JEE
• 4+ years of experience using Spring 3/4 (including knowledge across Core Spring Framework, and if possible Spring Boot) and Spring framework
• 4+ years of experience in integrating applications with SOAP and REST api services.
• 3+ years experience in voice Technologies including creating VXML pages, working with Nuance voice recognition, fine tuning voice and DTMF grammars.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other similar field
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong understanding of test driven development with experience in automated unit testing using Mockito or similar mocking framework.
• Dev/Ops Experience including Openshift, Jenkins, Maven and Gradle.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us