Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
This position is for a telecommunications technician. The job will consist of completing moves, adds, and changes for Granite customers within a 50 mile radius of the service area. The technician will also be responsible for leading subcontracted crews on larger projects in the area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete Granite service calls professionally and conform to industry standards
- Communicate effectively with the SCS team members that schedule each service call
- Install, test and troubleshoot Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Routers, Switches, Work Stations, POS terminals, Wireless Access Points, Dmarc extensions
- Keep shop area clean and clear
- Keep all materials stocked and accounted for
- Low Voltage License if applicable
- 5-10 years cabling / fiber experience
- Industry references
- Basic networking skills
- Will be required to obtain GSA Clearance upon hire
- Bicsi Certification
- Any manufacture certification – Leviton, Beldon, Ortronics
- Level III tester
- A+ networking certification
- Fiber splicing ability