For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.
Meaningful Work from Day One
Responsible for all maintenance, boiler operations, plant facilities and systems at the Jack Daniel Cooperage to minimize operational down time. Directly responsible for leading the activities of 5 to 10 highly skilled maintenance technicians across multiple shifts. Responsible for creating a team environment focused on employee engagement, safety, and a workplace that fosters teamwork and development.
Provides direction, support, development, coaching and encouragement to the shift maintenance team and is responsible for shift plant maintenance and boiler operations. Ensures that maintenance activities and areas of responsibility adhere to required regulatory, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
What You Can Expect
• Responsible for shift maintenance, facilities upkeep and boiler operations at the Jack Daniel Cooperage.
• Provides leadership, direction, support, development and accountability to maintenance employees, including the areas of Safety & Food Safety. Also, provides production support/coverage, as required.
• Provides input in the development of policy and establishes procedures for the maintenance department.
• Monitors and supervises maintenance and boiler operations and activities to ensure productive, efficient operations, compliant with all regulatory requirements.
• Prioritizes, plans, schedules, and communicates work orders for each shift daily. Ensures that each maintenance technician is fully utilized and has the necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to successfully complete required tasks. Holds technicians accountable for timely completion of scheduled work and preventative maintenance.
• Manages spare parts inventory to optimal levels in concert with the Maintenance Manager. Develops and utilizes Maximo inventory management system, and serves as central point of receiving for shipments to maintenance.
• Works with equipment manufacturers, project engineers, operations, and maintenance technicians to develop and maintain effective preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and systems. Develops preventive maintenance work order tasks, schedules, and assignments within Maximo CMMS. Provides & implements recommendations for preventive maintenance program improvements.
• Develop Asset Tracking system and Bill of Materials (BOM) in Maximo.
• Manages the daily staffing of maintenance personnel, daily and weekend overtime assignments. Assures all maintenance technicians rotate within core processes as necessary to meet the needs of the business as well as allow for development of personnel.
• Enhance new-hire training and orientation program. Provide ongoing Technical and Safety training to Maintenance Team Members.
• Monitor and administrate the Maintenance Technician Progression Plan.
• Communicates daily with maintenance technicians and operations across all shifts to assess status of current maintenance needs, assign or adjust work orders, follow up on assigned work, and plan and schedule future maintenance work.
• Stays abreast of changing regulatory, environmental, safety, OSHA and other requirements through training and education as they pertain to engineering and maintenance support. Provides for the general growth and development of subordinate staff, establishes performance standards and monitors and evaluates performance within these standards.
• Execution of plant policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Company/Corporate directed EH&S, Quality, and GMP requirements.
• Must be aware of, willing to conform to, and capable of conforming to the Brown-Forman GMP requirements.
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field with minimum of 2 years people management experience in a manufacturing environment OR Associates degree in business or technical area with minimum of 3 years management experience in a manufacturing environment OR no advanced degree with 5 or more years applicable people management experience in a manufacturing or production environment. Minimum 3 years experience in the repair and maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Minimum 3 years experience programming/troubleshooting PLC control systems. Thorough understanding and experience managing a boiler room operation and related systems. Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills and the ability to prepare and present finished reports and project updates using word processing, spreadsheet or other computer applications. Experience with development & implementation of Maximo or other Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS). Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization. Ability to maneuver (tilt, roll, relocate or inspect) barrels weighing up to 140 pounds. Ability to climb stairs and ladders, climb over and under conveyors and generally move about in a manufacturing environment in the course of inspecting, observing and managing operations. Willingness and ability to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift to meet operational and team needs. Skills: Mechanical Aptitude, Oral & Written Communication Skills and Analytical Skills. Willingness to perform any and every task required to make high-quality barrels for Jack Daniel’s Distillery. Willingness to fill in for Operations Team Leads as necessary.
What You Can Add to the Team
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Civil Engineering with 3-5 years applicable experience in a manufacturing environment. Supervisory/Team Lead experience within a maintenance organization. Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization both union and non-union environments. Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program development (vibration analysis, oil analysis, Infra-red thermography). Boiler water chemistry knowledge & treatment experience. Store-room inventory management experience. Experience in woodworking facility.
Planning, Strategic Thinking, Tactical execution, Innovation, Judgment and Problem Solving.
Grade 28 National
Number of Openings Available:1