Jail Deputy (Deputy Sheriff)
As a Jail Deputy, your primary responsibility will be to serve as a supervisor and role model for the inmate population in the Larimer County Jail, which is a direct supervision jail. Additional responsibilities include: setting clear expectations with inmates, using positive reinforcement techniques, assuring inmate accountability for their behavior, and treating inmates with respect, consideration, fairness, and justice.
We strive to be skilled, hard-working, resourceful, and prepared and we are looking for talented, career-oriented men and women to join our team. This position is open to anyone; Colorado POST certified candidates would receive premium pay. Interested in becoming POST Certified? The Larimer County Sheriff's Office will help you obtain your POST Certification through scheduling adjustments and partial tuition reimbursement.
- Effectively and coherently use interpersonal communication skills to communicate with inmates, professional visitors, and the public by providing information and directions, mediating disputes, and advising of rights and processes.
- Conduct visual and audio surveillance of inmates for extended periods of time.
- Perform crisis intervention functions to include inmate counseling, suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and implementing appropriate intervention actions.
- Engage in activities in confined areas. Walk extensively on foot patrol and physically checks doors, windows, and other areas to ensure they are secure.
- Read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the processing of such documents as medical instructions, commitment orders, summons, and other legal writs and court documents.
Please go to our link at https://careers-larimer.icims.com/jobs/2499/jail-deputy/job