Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500 theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
What is a Janitor?
A Janitor cleans theatre and theatre property during non-operating hours. Responsible for cleaning floors, carpets, walls, doors, seats, restrooms, sidewalks, parking lots, concession stands, etc. Ensures that the next day's Customers will walk into a sparkling clean theatre.
A Day in the Life of a Janitor:
- Coordinates with the General Manager on areas to be cleaned.
- Schedules time to perform a thorough cleaning of theatre and theatre property.
- Guards against unauthorized personnel entering the building during Janitor's shift. Keeps theatre keys on his/her person and outside doors locked during the work shift.
- Sweeps and mops floor areas including auditorium floors, lobby floors, restrooms floors, booth floors, etc.
- Maintains carpets (vacuums, removes gum, shampoos as necessary)
- Cleans seats when necessary.
- Mixes and applies Cinemark-approved cleaning chemicals as directed.
- Cleans theatre and theatre property including restrooms (basins, toilet bowls, countertops, mirrors, walls, partitions, floors), game rooms, drinking fountains, etc. Projection booths, office areas, storerooms, and screens are cleaned only at the specific instruction of the General Manager.
- Replenishes restroom supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.)
- Removes trash from theatre and theatre property.
- Disposes of trash in commercial trash dumpster or compactor.
- Inserts new plastic trash bags in trash cans.
- Cleans and organizes the Janitor's closet.
- Keeps cleaning equipment (mops, brooms, dust pans, vacuum cleaners, shampooers, etc.) clean and in good working order.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible hours which include early morning / late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Requires frequent lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, moving, and the ability to maneuver in limited-space areas (restroom stalls and auditorium seat rows).
- Effective comprehension of English is required, including the ability to safely mix chemicals.
- Janitor must be able to inspect theatre and theatre property to ensure that all is clean and in order for the opening of the next day's business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work independently.
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.