The primary responsibilities of the Janitor A involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Janitor A will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all business in accordance with The Habitat Company’s policies and procedures, state and Federal Laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing etc. Perform activities to maintain the continuity of essential environmental services in order to guarantee resident comfort and security.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Complete assigned work orders according to company guidelines.
- Complete final work of all units turned over for leasing.
- Performs electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Performs plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replaces tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, locks, etc.
- Paints interior and exterior.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Has knowledge regarding water and gas cutoffs, all units and fixtures cutoffs and sewer clean outs.
- Assists in unit move in and move out inspections.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment as necessary.
Schedule: 7:00am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday with rotating weekends