**This is a Part-Time Position**
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Summary/Primary Purpose: Perform routine cleaning of the building. Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the building. Responsible for the pick-up/delivery of weekly donations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors, empty/clean all wastebaskets.
- Pick-up and unload donations as needed/scheduled.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Strip, clean, buff, and apply sealer to floors.
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Perform routine maintenance of housekeeping equipment and keep janitorial closet in a tidy and clean manner.
- Move furniture or put together furniture on a needed basis.
- Remove snow and other debris from around the perimeter of the building.
- Tear down and take out boxes from the family services area.
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked when necessary.
- Light painting and other maintenance, as needed.
- Driving is an essential function of the role.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school or equivalent diploma, and 6 months or more experience in a related field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and their use.
- Knowledge of standard hand tools and equipment.
- Basic skills in computers to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken, and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands include being on your feet for long periods of time, lifting heavy items, bending, stooping and climbing. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds occasionally.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is where the clients are so it might be loud or busy at times. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and or humid conditions and varying temperatures.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.