Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Maintenance Department.
Need is for an experienced Janitor - 2nd Shift for immediate work in Norfolk, VA.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience.
- Perform basic cleaning such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, and trash removal within offices, garage, break room, restrooms, hallways, stairs and various work areas.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs/carpets, cleaning windows, walls and glass
- Perform restroom cleaning, to include but not limited to, scrubbing sinks, toilets, ensuring that paper towels, soap and toilet paper and other sanitary items are readily available
- Notified management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment
- Scrub, shine, clean and repair carpeted and non-carpeted area using appropriate equipment and chemicals
- Moving large furniture and objects and following safety guidelines to prevent injury to themselves and others
- Maintains all floors, i.e. stripping, refinishing and maintenance of various floor types and surfaces
- Follows cleaning procedures in a safe manner
- Completes all assignments as scheduled
- Works independently to completed tasks and responsibilities
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and returns it to the proper storage locations after usage
- Requisition stock and notify supervisor of supplies needed
- Maintain grounds and sidewalks surrounding buildings
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in building / asset maintenance
- knowledge of and bility to use tools and equipment associated with the occupation
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Must be a steady reliable worker
- Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions
- Requires ling periods of standing and moving with standing
- Able to work 2nd Shift
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Understand and act upon instruction
- Ability to apply basic math, reading and communication skills
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Legal Services
- Annual performance evaluations and service pay increases
- On-site Human Resources
- On-site gym
- Free and close proximity parking
- Associate perks/gifts
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.