The Janitor will work at a Government facility located outside the city of Fairbanks AK at Fort Wainwright. The Janitor will work under the direction of the assigned Project Manager and provide custodial maintenance services as directed. There is a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and cleaning of all assigned buildings and facilities.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Keep supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered.
- Clean and sanitize restroom facilities and related fixtures including drinking fountains: custodial mop sinks, restroom sinks, urinals and toilets: replenish supplies in restrooms. Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, strip and polish floors and equipment.
- Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures and equipment.
- Wash windows, mirrors and walls. Wash tables and chairs as required.
- Empty, clean and sanitize waste receptacles. Identify and report building maintenance needs in assigned buildings and facilities.
- Perform specialized projects such as restoration programs on floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, and other items.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or on duty Lead.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain eligibility for a National Agency Check (NAC) and favorably complete an FBI Fingerprint History Check
- Must possess all skills necessary to ensure service is provided in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and a team player
- Must have mature judgement and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.