- Is accountable for meeting all of the obligations required of assigned employees.
- Helps direct, guide and train new staff and provides ongoing training to existing staff.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; managing and approving timesheets.
- Must have reliable transportation to work at various job locations when needed on the job. Mileage will be reimbursed as per the mileage reimbursement policy.
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, mops, or restocks hallways, stairways, offices, food preparation or break areas, kitchen areas or equipment, laundry rooms, clinics, living areas, work areas, off-site areas, common areas, restrooms, public areas, or other similar areas.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, extract, waxes, buff, vacuums, etc. all types of floors.
- Dusts both low and high areas.
- Wipes down or cleans various surfaces.
- Uses appropriate equipment and cleaning solutions for all tasks.
- Removes and properly disposes of discarded materials.
- May compact trash.
- Removes and transports trash to the appropriate disposal areas.
- May change light bulbs and perform very light facility maintenance.
- May keep building entryways free of snow and debris.
- May operate a vehicle to work atvarious locations.
- May periodically perform a variety of special duties such as certain types of laundry duties or periodically scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderlyjanitorial cart and storage areas.
- Wear proper uniform at all times.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the handbook.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of directly related experience that demonstrates knowledge of janitorial dutiesand 1 year of experience withsupervision of employees.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- A Valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record for the past 3 years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
Skills and Abilities:
- Those interpersonal skills/characteristics needed to effectively direct assigned employees.
- A dedication to providing a high quality service that meets all client expectations and requirements.
Background position ranking evaluation skill levels: Language skills sufficient to: 1. Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. 2. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Math skills sufficient to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Reasoning abilities sufficient to: 1. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. 2. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. 3. Work in an organized and effective manner with co-workers and supervisors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk or hear, pull/push carts, twist. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently pull/push linen cart up and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are the responsibilities of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The associate is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
APPLICANTS MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
NANA Shareholder Preference