Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
This position physically carries out as well as helps direct the activities of those involved in providing a variety of industrial housekeeping services.
- Performs all duties required of a housekeeper or other assigned employee.
- Is accountable for meeting all of the obligations required of assigned employees.
- Helps direct and guide assigned housekeeping and janitorial employees.
- Collects all daily checklists and keeps accurate records of work performed.
- Helps train new staff and provides ongoing training to existing staff. Regularly conducts, replaces, and disperses assigned inventories.
- Notifies the General Manager of any schedule changes.
- Regularly conducts inspections to maintain the quality of provided services.
- Coordinates associated equipment care and maintenance.
- Helps conduct safety meetings and insures daily operations are in compliance with company and client safety requirements.
- Makes sure all quality standards and work procedures for staff are met.
- Personally resolves minor maintenance or client emergencies as they occur or takes steps to permanently address them.
- Assist employees in the resolution of work related difficulties.
- Identifies, resolves, or appropriately reports site’s safety hazards.
- Assists in having available all required HazCom documentation.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the associate handbook.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one year of directly related experience that demonstrates knowledge of housekeeping duties or supervision of employees.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- A valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
Weather: Indoors: Environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in an assisted living setting
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Those interpersonal skills/characteristics needed to effectively direct assigned employees.
A dedication to providing a high quality service that meets all client expectations/requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us email@example.com