Prestigious Financial Institution seeks a Japanese to English Financial Translator for their Equity Division in New York.
- Primary responsibility includes translating Japan Equity Research reports into English in New York for institutional investor clients as a part of global translation team based in Tokyo, London, New York in timely manner.
- Terminology research, including extraction of terminology from texts and use of term base.
- Responsible for authoring/editing/proofreading of English texts, including texts written by non-native speakers.
- BA/MA in Japanese translation is a big plus but not required.
- More than 2 years work experience as a full-time In-house translator employee is required.
- At least 2 years of work experience as an equity research/financial/business translator is required. (translation skills must be demonstrated through a standard test.)
- Knowledge of basic accounting terms and calculations; familiarity with a broad range of securities, business and industry terminology; an understanding of equity valuation and economic concepts are plus.
- Prior in-house experience at investment bank a plus.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft desktop software--Word, Excel
- Proven time-management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time and to work under tight deadline pressure.
$80,000.00 - $130,000.00 /year