Hadoop Developer- Java ETL
ALTA IT Services has numerous direct hire openings for Hadoop Developers with Java backgrounds to support a leading insurance customer. Work is being conducted remotely during COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders and will revert to on-site with partial remote options once restrictions have been lifted. Office locations are Chevy Chase, MD and/or Indianapolis, IN.
This position is not open for C2C
Candidates must be eligible for direct hire without sponsorship. Individuals selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening.
As part of a dynamic business intelligence team, the developers will be responsible for implementing Predictive Model Services in a production environment; in addition to implementing enterprise-wide Machine Learning Deployment Platforms. The role requires proficiency in software design and Java development. Experience with Machine Learning techniques, Spark or Python is desired. The developers will participate in planning new projects, including work on both machine learning deliverables and the deployment frameworks that host them. In this role, the ability to build and maintain mission critical production software systems is a must. Ideally, the developers would also be prepared to contribute to areas such as Automated Machine Learning, ML interpretability, and Data Engineering.
- Proficiency in Java and object-oriented software design with at least 4 years of production experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns, Unix/Linux environments, and Spark or Scala
- Experience with Spring Framework and Restful web services
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies, open source tools, source control tools and concepts, e.g., Git
- Experience with Machine Learning Algorithms, algorithm analysis and algorithm implementation
- Experience with distributed file systems and distributed computing (especially Apache Spark)
- Familiarity with Python, Cassandra, date engineering and developing ADS's
- Experience with HBase, Hive, and HDFS, Microservices architectures, and Docker /Kubernetes container-based deployments
Salaries will be market competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package available.
Please include desired compensation with the resume.
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
Salary Commensurate w/Exp. Excellent Benefits Available