Title: Java Developer - III
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 3 months
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Java Developer opportunity with a nationwide finance company. This contract position is a great opportunity to join a team long term that values continued education and career growth. This opportunity can also offer: technical training, training for certifications, corporate discounts, health benefits, 401K match, and more!
If interested in this opportunity or any other roles with Apex Systems, please contact us at 503-293-2900.
Summary of Java Developer:
Our client is in the process of replacing their existing credit scoring platform with an application with greater flexibility to capitalize on commercial leasing business line specific strategies and model updates to reduce the unrealized revenues not currently being captured. This Position will be brought on board to work with the EFE Application which supports the credit scoring functions and the changes needed to support the upgrade.
Responsibilities of Java Developer:
- Analyzes, designs, implements and supports web-related and VC++ applications; support of company’s internet/intranet strategy
- Technical design, development, implementation and support of Java applications including technical specifications, use cases, class diagrams, unit testing and code reviews
- Coordinating all IT and UAT testing support tasks
- Work around reported defects
- Performing application builds
- Coordinating implementations to the various development, test and production environments.
- Pro-actively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
Qualifications of Java Developer:
- 5+ years’ experience in JAVA development
- 2+ years VC++ experience required
- Experience with IBM WebSphere, Rational Application Developer
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL knowledge specifically tied to Oracle
- Experience with Java Swing, JAVA Server Pages (JSP), JAVA Server Faces (JSF)
- Experience with frameworks - Hibernate, IBM MQ, JMS, XML / XSLT
- Experience with databases including JDBC and SQL
- Experience with Oracle Access Manager (OAM) is preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology is preferred
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with Experian Analytics server
- Experience interfacing with Experian net connect interfaces
- Experience with desktop application communication with a web service
- Full life cycle experience including, analysis, design, code, test and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communications required
- Strong team player and ability to multi-task
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178