Were not in the shipping business; were in the information business -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000 trained professionals
- 300 locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Are you looking for an opportunity to innovate and make an impact at a global company this summer? Do you have a keen interest in understanding the interconnections between international business and technology? As part of the Document Management team,
youll be working on applications that keep track of the the millions of documents required to get freight moving around the world. We have applications that are on every users machine to allow them to view and edit documents, and we also have centralized systems behind the scenes handling document distributions.
As an intern, you will be invited to contribute to the deployment and maturation of our java-based software systems. Depending on your aptitude, skills, and interests, we will assign you a combination of job functions in the following areas:
Develop and test code for java-based web applications (bug fixes, enhancements, new development).
Create and maintain automated tests for our systems.
Participate in scrums, design sessions, team meetings, and system demonstrations.Qualifications
- Computer Science or related major and at least a year of Java programming experience
- Demonstrates a strong interest and aptitude for software development
- Likes working on small teams and collaborating with others to come up with optimal solutions
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with automated test frameworks
- Experience with Agile Methodology
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your future goals. By the time you return to campus in the fall, you will have gained valuable knowledge about the exciting world of global logistics, developing and maintaining technologies, and how to work in a professional environment.
What You Will Experience:
- A 10-week long cohort packed with training, workshops, networking opportunities, and a field trip to one of our operations branches
- Exclusive opportunities to connect with senior level leadership, including our CEO, Jeff Musser!
- Projects that not only help you grow, but directly help us service and develop our globally unified technologies
- Individual mentorship and support from our team of 750 tech professionals
- Social and community events with other technology and business interns
When will the internship start?
The official 10-week internship program will start in June 2019. Otherwise, we encourage you to have a conversation early on with your hiring manager to determine if you can start working sooner or end working later. We will do our best to work with your schedule!