Were not in the shipping business; were in the information business -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000 trained professionals
- 300 locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The exp.o Visibility team is responsible for surfacing shipment and tracking information to both internal and external users. We are a full-stack development team that creates and maintains a number of user interfaces, APIs, and back-end services. Our customers needs are continually evolving and it is our job to adapt and meet those needs. This internship will involve development on user facing systems and backend systems: updating and enhancing the systems to meet new requirements. The basis of the work will be in JSP and Java, but there will be opportunities to innovate and explore using other languages and technologies.Qualifications
- Object-oriented programming experience, Java is a plus
- Experience with HTML, JSP, or other web languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in writing to technical, non-technical, and management staff
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational data structures
- Experience with REST and RESTful services
- Understanding of database structures and data relationships
- Ability to understand and write SQL queries using more advanced features, such as aggregates and common table expressions
- Experience with Angular
- Familiarity with source control systems (SVN, git)
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your future goals. By the time you return to campus in the fall, you will have gained valuable knowledge about the exciting world of global logistics, developing and maintaining technologies, and how to work in a professional environment.
What You Will Experience:
- A 10-week long cohort packed with training, workshops, networking opportunities, and a field trip to one of our operations branches
- Exclusive opportunities to connect with senior level leadership, including our CEO, Jeff Musser!
- Projects that not only help you grow, but directly help us service and develop our globally unified technologies
- Individual mentorship and support from our team of 750 tech professionals
- Social and community events with other technology and business interns
When will the internship start?
The official 10-week internship program will start in June 2019. Otherwise, we encourage you to have a conversation early on with your hiring manager to determine if you can start working sooner or end working later. We will do our best to work with your schedule!