Java experts, are you looking to move on to bigger and better projects with some of the nation's top companies? Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to clients who are looking for Senior Java Developers. Our recruiting staff gives you an advantage over your competition by promoting your strengths and assets directly to hiring managers while helping you to be more prepared for your interviews.
From keeping you up to date on market trends and industry expectations, to providing you with valuable insight into the company culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities of specific clients, Vaco will give you the edge you need in today's highly competitive job marketplace. If you have a strong Java development background and are ready to move on to a rewarding new challenge, let Vaco help you to find the best assignments. Apply today!
Technical Skillset Desired
- BSCS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility and autonomy as a professional software developer
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing object-oriented designs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the java programming language, development environments and development frameworks for java
- Demonstrated proficiency with Spring, and the Spring Integration Framework
- General understanding of the current Microsoft server and workstation operating systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Linux operating system, both as a development platform and as a target deployment platform
- SOA / ESB architecture knowledge (web services, SOAP vs REST, etc.)
- Well versed in web-application design and architectural patterns, Hibernate, Drools, AMQP or other Enterprise Messaging frameworks, AJAX, jQuery, Groovy, Grails.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise Integration patterns, including experience with the Spring Integration framework, or similar
- Experience implementing emergency notification or other life-critical software systems.
- Experience with Groovy or similar alternative JVM language such as Scala or Clojure.
Your daily duties and responsibilities in this role will generally include:
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, building, deploying and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software that may be either customized or standardized
- Participating in design and coding activities with other staff members
- Participating in a 24x7 support rotation involving answering user questions, fulfilling user requests, resolving system issues, etc.
- Working with other technical staff to understand problems with software, and then developing specifications and estimates to resolve such problems
- Writing up technical documents and specsTraveling overnight as required