Lake 5 Media is seeking a Java Developer to join our team. This is an opportunity to join a great company that is gaining traction in the media services market. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who enjoys a challenging, fast-paced environment. This individual also has a working knowledge of Java software development methodologies, and is interested in developing analytical tools to analyze large data sets.
· Develop both back-end Java/J2EE core components and front-end JSP pages
· Develop SQL queries through JDBC and apply performance tuning
· Ensure development requirements are met and unit tested
· Work under the direction of a project leader, and effectively communicate with team members
· Work with testers to ensure all bugs are fixed and all applications run at peak performance
· Work with client services team to ensure all client expectations are being met
· Research new technologies, provide suggestions about 3rd party component integration
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science
· 2 years’ experience in software development
· Mastery of object-oriented design, familiar with web technologies and MVC design pattern, good knowledge of relational data modeling and design
· Experience with UNIX, Linux and Windows operating system platforms
· Familiarity with development tools like ANT and Eclipse
· Familiarity in data mining and/or working with extremely large data sets
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, plus good verbal & written communication skills
· Ability to write documents, covering application design & logics plus any ongoing modifications
· Expert coding skills, debugging and application profiling, Java performance tuning
Ability to succeed with little management direction
About Lake 5 Media
Lake 5 Media is a provider of advanced software and systems to the media industry. Our customer list includes national television networks and media service agencies.
We are committed to providing our clients increased operational effectiveness and superior reaction time to the media markets via our suite of tools. Our offerings include media marketplace analysis tools, competitive analysis tools, optimization applications, media planning products as well as inventory management and allocation systems.