Penske Truck Leasing has an exciting opportunity to join our IT Development team! You will get to work with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We have opportunities available in Reading, Pennsylvania at our Corporate office or in our new IT Development and Collaboration Center in Tampa, Florida.
The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for leading technical development efforts associated with one or more projects.
Major responsibilities include:
• Creation, modification, and testing of code
• Analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
• Involved in code reviews for other programmers/engineers
• Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance on an ongoing basis
• Building solutions based on customer requirements and maintaining them
• Working with internal clients directly, and provide solutions via enhancements to existing systems, or proposes new solutions.
• Works in all phases of application development with minimal guidance.
• Provides 24/7 support of your specific applications.
• Other projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or related field)
• Full understanding of the system development lifecycle, methodologies and standards
• Proficient in troubleshooting /debugging techniques and demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly
• 5 or more years of JAVA/J2EE preferably using a web application server like Websphere or JBoss
• 5 years SQL - Experience in writing optimized complex SQL statements.
• 3-4 years of Spring Framework and Design Patterns, iBatis, MyBatis
• 3-4 years of AJAX, XML, Web Services/SOA
• Agile/Kanban; Responsive design and adaptive development; REST API development; JIRA, Confluence, BAMBOO, ANT; jQuery; iSeries DB2 experience
• Experience with end to end ownership for one or more applications or products
• Ability to accurately estimate projects and sprints
• Ability to lead a team and mentor team members, where necessary
• Ability to recommend appropriate design and architecture
• Ability to understand and own moderately complex applications
• Experience with 24/7 support model
• Advanced degree preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.