Veritude is hiring a Lead Java Developer to work in Smithfield, RI at Fidelity Investments.
As a Lead Java Developer, you will work in an innovative security group to help build our underlying security platform. You will need to work independently to analyze, research code, recommend and document technical design strategies, develop, test, and work with Environment groups to integrate and support changes from development to test to production environments. In PI Security, we are looking to simplify the security process with automation and create a robust platform for the enterprise. You will be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers on their projects.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Experienced software engineer with deep experience in developing software for middle tier services.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently as well as embedded within a team.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate concepts and ideas.
The Skills You Bring
- Experience with building/scaling high availability web services and service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with building REST and/or SOAP services.
- Experience with Java and MVC framework: Spring MVC, Struts.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Development Practices such as Jenkins, Ansible.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with automated testing including JUnit and more.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with an enterprise relational database, stored procedures and sql queries.
- Experience with C++ a plus.
- Experience with Agile Methodology a plus
- Experience in a technical domain of security (network, software, assessment, architecture, cloud) a plus.
The Value You Deliver
- Working on various small, medium and large-scale projects to modify a complex Web Infrastructure.
- Do systems analysis of user stories.
- Research code to understand how existing infrastructure works and recommend designs to address changes. Document technical alternatives and recommend strategy.
- Develop changes and adhere to design/development review processes.
- Unit test and support code during QA testing phase.
- Provide environment support as code moves through development, integration, acceptance and production environments.
- Communicate issues, progress and status to all levels of the organization.
- Conform to secure coding standards.
- Provide high quality work under tight deadlines
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Should be willing and able to work with various technologies and programming languages. Our products use Java/J2EE, C++, SQL and run on Linux
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
As a member of PI Security you will be part of a passionate team servicing a diverse set of customer security needs. You will be a member of an organization that seeks to provide world-class security capabilities and the most trusted experience to our customers anytime, anyplace, on any device.