Indiana Health Information Exchange's (IHIE) Solution Engineering team develops technologies that directly impact the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare. We are seeking a Java Developer with expertise in design, development, maintenance, and support of client-facing applications, including architecture, frameworks, security, and management. This position will focus on adding new capabilities for end users and support staff, addressing production issues, and migrating/modernizing components of the existing infrastructure. If you're talented, driven, and enjoy a little fun, you'll find IHIE to be a great place to work.
Summary: Works closely with the IHIE Developers, Product Owners, Support/Integration Teams, and partners to design, develop, document, test and debug technology solutions. This role will exercise strong analytical, troubleshooting, development, and testing skills across multiple data feeds, processes, and repositories.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs new and existing application code.
- Proficient in Java development, J2EE frameworks (Spring, Struts, etc.), Ajax frameworks (ZK, GWT etc ) and Object Oriented Programming concepts, design patterns, and techniques.
- Skilled with using & administrating tools such as Eclipse, source control (branching, merging, versioning), Hudson/Jenkins, Maven, build automation, bash scripts, basic Linux commands, cron jobs, etc.
- Capable of integrations with other systems through consuming or offering Web Services or APIs.
- Experienced with modernizing applications though implementing frameworks, platforms, and processes that would improve the efficiency of building & maintaining functionality.
- Serves as technical expert on development projects.
- Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Supports, maintains, and documents application functionality.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises applications as needed.
- Participates in application design meetings to understand user needs and determine technical requirements.
- Consults with product owners to prototype, refine, test and debug applications to meet needs.
- Participates working in agile/scrum environment.
- Participates working in continuous integration environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- BS in computer science or related field from an accredited university plus 2 years' experience or Master's in computer science or related field required
- 3+ years experience with Java/OOP and related application development frameworks
- 3+ years experience with application data integration via secure Web Services
- 3+ years experience with leading technical projects on enterprise-level systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
- Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to research, understand, and take ownership of existing application code
- Experience in healthcare helpful but not required
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies preferred
In exchange for your technical expertise and creative problem solving, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO your first year plus 9 company paid holidays, very casual work environment and dress code, and a dynamic, fun-loving company culture!
IHIE is the nation's largest and most advanced health information exchange helping to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE was formed in 2004 and currently serves over 90 hospitals and processes more than 14 million clinical data transactions each month. Learn more at www.ihie.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.