Why American Express?
Theres a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
Weve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when theyre ready to take on a new career path, were right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Dont make a difference without it.
Dont live life without it.
We are a R&D and solution engineering team under EIMP (Enterprise Information Management Platforms). We invest most of our time playing (i.e. developing POCs and prototypes) with the latest and greatest data technologies (e.g. Couchbase, Cassandra, Postgres, Cloud native DB technologies, Apache Ignite, Apache Geode, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, Neo4J, etc) to become experts on them, so that we are knowledgeable enough to define enterprise-level adoption strategy and identify good use cases for these disruptive technologies in Amex. We also help app teams across Amex to design and implement complex database solutions leveraging these technologies.
We are looking for innovativeand self-driven engineers to join us, so we can do more cool stuff together. We promise that you will never be bored on our team.
Agood candidate should be very curious about the cut-edge technologies and bepassionate to learn and try out new things on his/her own. He/She should alsohave good knowledge and work experience on Kubernetes and Docker, strong programmingskills on Java and/or MEAN stack, and excellent communication and collaborationskills.
Up to 6 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Good knowledge and work experience on Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong Java and/or MEAN stack programming skills
- Good knowledge and work experience on NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019, 1:23:36 PM