Job Title: Senior Java/J2EE Developer
Location: McLean, VA
* Engage business users to define the requirements and design for a vast array of tools supporting trade analytics, pooling & securitization, trade capture, reporting, and reconciliation.
* Application development, prototyping, and high level technical consulting.
* Work closely with team members and business partners to develop cutting edge technology solutions under tight deadlines.
* Predict effects of configuration changes; identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
* Support issue resolution and completion of ad-hoc requests in support of business partners within the I&CM division.
* 5-7 years of IT experience in design, development, integration and testing of software solutions based on J2EE technologies including servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), and JDBC.
* 5-7 years of experience with relational databases including Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, and/or DB2.
* 2-3 years of experience with managing, building, and deploying code through tools including Eclipse, GIT, Gradle, Docker, and Jenkins.
* 2-3 years of experience designing and executing JUnit test cases using Mockito framework based on business requirements and functional specifications.
* Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills.
* Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems.
* Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
* Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines.
* Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity, and relationship management skills.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178