Restaurant Outlet Manager is responsible for assisting the F&B Director in providing safe, effective, efficient, organized, quality oriented and profitable restaurant, resort, and food and beverage operations. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, sanitation and safety of all food venues located throughout the resort.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ensures excellence in product quality and consistency of food and beverage services by overseeing multi-unit food services and dining.
* Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are met daily.
* Complete weekly forecast for all F&B outlets.
* Approve and monitor overtime requests and daily missed punches.
* Complete and monitor 90 day and annual performance review for all salaried FOH staff.
* Assist with month end inventory completion.
* Conduct weekly F&B meetings, as well as attend Chef's Table.
* Provides coverage when an outlet manager is on PTO.
* Understand how to open and close all F&B venues and the ability to perform each position in the front-of-house and back-of-house.
* Understand and analyze food and beverage profit and loss statements, report and monitor food and beverage forecasts, revenues and expenses to ensure company goals are met on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
* Teach Intro to Service Standards class.
* Oversee cost controls and labor scheduling for all aspects of restaurant/outlet operations.
* Oversee operations within the restaurants, outlets and kitchens.
* Detailed mentoring and training of all F&B Managers.
* Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs for all food and beverage outlets within the Resort.
* Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
* Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, and sanitation and cleanliness through training of associates, as well as create a positive, productive working environment.
* Continually strive to develop, coach, and train F&B staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
* Prepare all required reports in an organized and timely manner.
* Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, food and beverage outlets/venues, associates and guests.
* Report all opportunities to the Food and Beverage Director.
* Ensure friendly and courteous customer relations at all times, identifying and welcoming current patrons and work to identify and grow future business through guest relations.
* Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively. Bi-lingual skills are preferred but not required.
* Ability to calculate figures such as discounts.
* Extensive knowledge of fine dining, concessions, culinary, wine and spirits.
* Good verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to present information in one-on-one, small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates and corporate executives of the Resort.
* Proficient in reviewing financial, budget, statistical and/or performance data, manipulation data, and developing insights.
* Sound leadership, coaching and mentoring skills ensuring collaboration among hotel operations teams to optimize performance.
* A high degree of professionalism with diplomatic and poised communication at all levels and manage confidential information with complete discretion.
* Valid driver's license required and must be at least 21 years of age. State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of an alcohol awareness/safety class as well as state certified proper food handling certification.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and Guests.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment that is constantly changing based on room occupancy and group business.
* Assist in leading the team of Outlet Managers.
* Works PM shifts, weekends and holidays. Also available to work mornings.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Must be able to occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions.
* The Associate is required to constantly stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. Constantly required to reach and grasp. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have good sense of smell and taste. Must be able to frequently move throughout the resort in order to have access to all food and beverage outlets/venues.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
* This is an exempt level position, with various work hours and days based on business needs. This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Preferred Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts, or Hotel/Restaurant Management is preferred.
6 years extensive managerial and supervisory experience in restaurant, bar, banquet and kitchen management required within a large hotel and/or resort environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled