No Consulting Firms.
No sponsorship available.
You must live on Long Island, NY to be considered.
Multiple Java positions available.
1. Java Programmer (3 positions) Requirements:
-Two to five years experience developing Core Java or J2EE web-based solutions.
-Strong knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, (EJB is a plus, but not necessary).
-Strong knowledge of relational databases.
-Working with application containers such as IBM/WebSphere and /or BEA/WebLogic is a plus.
-Some positions require Spring or Hibernate experience.
2. Java Lead Programmer Analyst position (2 positions)
-Developers are involved in all phases of software development.
-Required to work with the business group to define requirements, participate on a team of developers to design and implement a solution, and support the code after it's been deployed to
-Additional responsibilities include preparing documentation, providing input for functional and technical specifications, and making estimates for assigned tasks.
-Requirements include: 5 years experience developing web based business applications. Must have experience with MVC design, J2EE architecture, web services, Java1.5, XML, SQL, Stored
3. Java Programmer Functions and Duties
* Analyze operational/performance requirements and develop and maintain technical designs
* Participate in design and development of new applications features and functions
* Write high-quality code using J2EE, Java, SQL and XML/XSL, HTML/DHTML, Hibernate
* Define and develop application functionality and reports for internal and external customers
* Work with other team members and other development teams to effectively complete necessary deliverables
* Diagnose problems and develop solutions for application objects and components
* Investigate and resolve Bugs
___________________________________________________________________________ 4. Java Senior Developer Work Experience:
- 7-10 years experience in complex systems/software development
- Understanding and prior involvement in all the phases of a software product lifecycle
- Up-to-date on current and best practices and technologies related to software development and project management. Technical Skills:
- Experience of working on enterprise Java/J2EE server projects with an indepth technical role (EJB knowledge not essential).
- Ability to create simple solutions to complex problems with proper abstractions and modularity for long-term code lifespan.
- Ability to quickly understand large software bases and recognize areas for improvement and extension is required.
- Good knowledge of working with the application servers -BEA (WebLogic) or IBM (WebSphere), or Sun
- Worked with one RDBMS - DB2 or Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Programming languages - Java (Core Java, Servlets, Design Patterns). Knowledge of C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of JSP, XML, JDBC, SQL. Knowledge of JSF/Spring is a plus.
- SUN Java Application or Business Component Developer certification is a plus.
5. Java Web Developer or Java Web Team Leader with website development experience.
-Additional experience with Eclipse, Hibernate, Apache and Tomcat is a plus.
-Extensive experience in desktop and web application project development.
-Software development of SOA applications on the Websphere platform
-Develop and customize SOA Java services on the IBM Websphere and MQ bus platform.
-Experience with e-commerce front end, Customer support systems, Content management system, Order processing, and third party product support.
__________________________________________________________________________ 6. Java Development Manager Seeking an Applications Development Manager to provide leadership and direction to the Application Development team and architect innovative technical solutions in support of business goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills in critical thinking, effective communication, project management, and resource management. This individual will be expected to learn and understand the insurance business and the systems that support it. The right candidate will also be a self-starter who exhibits creativity, innovation and is results oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive strategic and technical direction for the group
- Architect sound, cost-effective solutions
- Influence the team by challenging them with continuous improvement
- Provide highly-technical leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which support the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
- Implement process improvements and standards to enhance quality and service
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Accurately estimate the time and effort required to complete a deliverable
- Ability to make thoughtful, fact-based decisions, while juggle multiple competing priorities
- Review and manage Application Development staff performance
- Communicate with IT management to update project/task status and to coordinate implementation efforts
Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a technical program is preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities at any given time
- Detail-oriented and ability to work collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to drive change
- Working experience as an IT manager
- UniVerse systems experience a plus
- Insurance experience required
- Java Architect with E-commerce experience.
•Having designed and architected large scale E-commerce Applications.
• 10+ years of total experience with