Java or Golang Backend Software Development Engineer in Memphis, TN.
Company’s software development philosophy is that software engineers are product focused.
They work on a product and understand all layers of the software stack.
The core skills that are applicable on a daily-basis are essentially the fundamentals of computer science and logical reasoning.
Engineers are responsible for documentation, automated tests and of course writing the code itself.
- Write documentation for the code to be written
- Write automated tests for code to be written
- Implement functionality such that automated tests successfully pass and according to coding standards
- Work with product managers and UX designers to deliver most optimal and customer-friendly implementation.
- Be on-call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team
- Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans
- Optimize performance of existing implementations
- Own the product or component entirely
- Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality
- Prioritize tasks with the scrum master that leads the team to be successful
- At least 3+ years in product development experience, with strong full stack engineering background
- Strong language skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Golang, .Net Core
- Strong Angular
- Fluency in SQL/SQL-like query
- Strong understanding of various data storage options such as relational, no-SQL, etc.
- Strong scripting skill in Shell, Python or Ruby
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures (trees, graphs, hash tables)
- Deep understanding of functioning and implementation of basic algorithms such as sorts, searching and the capability to explain performance characteristics and complexity using Big-O notations
- Capability to independently debug problems and analyze logs in production systems
- Capability to read existing code
- BS in Computer Science (Masters Degree preferred)
- Strong leadership skills
- Track record of developing products in an Agile development environment
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Understanding of Git and development activities such as merge, conflict resolution of code
- Deep understanding and experience in Docker, Kubernetes and AWS cloud services
Location: Memphis, TN
Type: Full Time
Senior Java Developer / Engineer