Nike is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in SCALA to join their team!
If interested, please email an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com or call 971-940-7767. Thank you!
Java 8/Scala Engineer
- Design and build micro-services in Java and Scala to be part of the a Retail platform
- Design and build highly-available and highly-performant NoSQL persistence layers leveraging DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Review and give feedback on technical designs, code and tests to ensure best practices and being followed
- Harness DevOps skills to improve unifying software development, operations and stability
- Profile and performance tune to enhance the platform and provide visibility into system limits and scaling needs
- Establishing and maintain collaborative partnerships with architects and other teams to provide and receive insight into solution and implementation approaches
- Test through automation to ensure code and functional quality of the platform
REQUIRED experience for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant work experience as a software engineer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Java RESTful APIs
- Minimum of 1 year of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Scala RESTful APIs
- Experience writing automated tests using JUnit, ScalaTest, Cucumber, Spock and Specs
- Experience using Functional Reactive Programming
- Experience with the Akka libraries, HTTP is a must
- Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services
- Experience using Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EMR, ElasticCache and Elasticsearch
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant fields
- Excellent collaboration, analysis, written and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms, NoSQL databases, Inversion of Control (IoC) and other common patterns and practices gained with experience in the above requirements
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178