Our customer is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our customer enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The selected candidates will work as a Java Developer in the Software Applications and Engineering group (SAE-2) supporting the development and maintenance of the Oracle Material Requirements Planning (MRP), iBASEt Manufacturing Execution System(MES), Manufacturing Modernization Project (MMP), and the Digital Data Acquisition System (DDA).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Deliver progress reports to project leaders, sponsors, and help define project plans and milestones.
• Develop Java multi-tier applications using the Spring Framework.
• Contribute to the designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and evaluating of software to meet customer requirements.
• Collaborate with customers and colleagues.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the Software Configuration Management Plan.
• Lead the designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and evaluating of software to meet customer requirements.
• Lead the upgrading, supporting, extending, and enhancing Commercial off the Shelf Products (COTS) and or custom-built applications.
• Assess the impact of software upgrades and other environmental changes.
• Set the direction of goals for project tasks and establish associated scope, schedule, and budgets.
• Work independently and/or serve as Technical Lead on Projects and coordinate technical activities of project personnel.
• Provide knowledge transfer to Technical staff.
• On-call responsibilities for Production Applications.
• Experience designing, developing, modifying, testing, and debugging software to meet customer requirements.
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design.
• Experience developing user interfaces for accessing database systems.
• Experience developing applications with the Spring Framework.
• Experience with Java object-relational mapping frameworks (Hibernate).
• Experience with testing frameworks (Junit/Gatling/Cucumber).
• Experience using a software version control system (Git).
• Experience using build automation tools (Gradle).
• Extensive experience using Oracle DB 12c, writing complex SQL Queries and PL/SQL.
• Extensive experience in developing Java and J2EE multi-tier applications utilizing best software engineering practices using object-oriented methods and design.
• Experience leading the development of Java REST applications.
• Experience developing Web Services.
• Experience leading complex software projects.
• Experience and application of software configuration management and software quality assurance.
• A comprehensive and practical understanding of the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) platform's specifications and services, including: EJBs, containers, JOBC API, RMI, JMS, security services, web services, and management and deployment.
• Comprehensive and practical understanding of mobile platforms, embedded database design, synchronization technologies, bi-directional replication, conflict resolution strategies, mobile UI design, and field force automation best practices.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills for communicating technical information and building relationships with customers.
• Extensive experience with software configuration management; software quality assurance methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing and defining business requirements and preparing technical designs.
• CI/CD configuration with GitLab.
• Experience developing and enhancing MRP/ MES and or DDA modules.
• Software Developer 4: Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of twelve years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At this level, postgraduate course work may be expected.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Los Alamos, NM, 87544
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD. LTD, PTO, Retirement)
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.