Vicor Corporation is a leading manufacturer of high tech modular power supply components and systems for a variety of industries. Our world class automated “mass customization” manufacturing facility, located in Andover Mass, is integrated, controlled, and monitored by our in-house custom developed Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) software systems, which integrates our systems to automated manufacturing equipment.
Vicor offers many excellent benefits, a stimulating work environment, and is a high tech entrepreneurial engineering company as much as it is a manufacturing company.
- Apply state-of-the-art software technology to develop Mfg. mission critical applications for a variety of project assignments
- Responsible for design and implementation of software applications
- Work independently in a project team environment with other business analysts, end users, engineers, and managers
- 2 – 4 years relevant work experience
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience; MS preferred
- Strong Java development experience, java web technologies, HTML/XML
- Strong Software Engineering skills and project experience, using related tools
- Ability to develop and tune complex database queries, Oracle/SQL, PL/SQL
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving ability
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Team player, able to learn from and teach others
- Object-oriented design, reusable software architecture/design, software tools
- Ability to find solutions in the Open Source community
Additional Desired Skills:
- Communications/networking applications, event-driven and/or real-time software, distributed applications, or Mfg. applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Java Developer / Engineer