We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our project team. This position is based in Merrimack, NH.
Fidelity Corporate Actions Solutions (FCAS) is seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer for the Technology team.
As a senior software engineer/developer within Fidelity Institutional, you will be responsible for development, design and testing of scalable Java and C++ based components to support the corporate action system platforms used by FCAS and their external commercial clients.
The role requires daily interactions with a technology organization of peers, architects and business analysts, excellent communication and problem solving skills and highly professional attitude is essential.
Strong work ethics, attention to detail, assertiveness and initiative are expected.
Education and Experience:
- Required Skills & experience
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Distributed Technology with a minimum of 10+ year’s Java development experience.
- Extensive experience of developing applications using Java, Spring, Restful web services, Angular JS, Jquery
- Experience in delivering complex projects using Java/J2EE (EJB 2.x/3) framework including JSP, EJB, SOAP or REST Web Services, JMS, HTML, XML
- Experience using WebSphere products
- 2+ years of WebSphere Application Server (V8.5)
- Experience creating User interfaces using HTML and one or more of the following:
- MVC Frameworks - Struts (1.2) and Spring
- Hands on experience with creating applications using Oracle 11 and 12
Nice to have:
- Experience with MT 564/565/566/567/568/ SWIFT formats
- Working knowledge of C/C++ would be beneficial
- Knowledge of UNIX tools and scripting languages: ksh, perl, bison etc
- Data mapping tools: Informatica Data Studio, as well as some xslt and other mapping tools
- A proactive problem solver with the ability to work with minimum supervision when given a goal.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Sound appreciation of integration concepts, for example, SOA
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Candidate must have hands on experience and be competent with SQL.
- Strong working knowledge with relational databases - preferably Oracle
- Unix/Linux hands on experience essential.
- Sound appreciation and hands on experience of configuration management and tools such as l Clearcase, Git/Stash, Maven, Jenkins, udelploy
- Hands on experience working with PL/SQL in a Java development environment required.
- Ability to work independently when required, add details to specifications, perform analysis to make sure end objective will be accomplished, etc.