We are looking for a Java Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Smithfield, RI.
As a member of our team, you will work in a fast-paced agile development environment utilizing the latest technologies to deliver high value, quality solutions. A Senior Software Engineer on this team will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of various customer-facing and middleware applications including FIAM’s primary web presence, advisor.fidelity.com.
FIAM provides investment management services through investment professionals at financial institutions nationwide, including wire houses, regional and independent broker/dealers, banks, trust companies and insurance companies. The company offers Fidelity Advisor Funds, Variable Insurance Product (VIP) Portfolios, the Fidelity Advisor 529 Plan, systematic investment plans, institutional money market funds and a comprehensive line of retirement products and services.
- Design and develop critical business functionality within an agile development environment to help achieve milestones and deliverables based on FIAM’s internet and mobile strategies.
- Adhere to, promote, and drive development and methodology best practices currently adopted by the distributed agile development team.
- Contribute to all aspects of project delivery, including creating functional specifications, technical architectures, and external interfaces.
- Work very closely with business partners, analysts and QA associates using an agile development methodology. In this role, you must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable following the best practices of agile development and Extreme Programming.
- Provide support and maintenance duties for web applications in FIAM’s production environment.
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of software development experience involving Java and JEE technologies, implementing enterprise solutions released into a production environment.
- Practical experience with the following technologies and tools: Spring MVC, AngularJS, Jasmine, Ajax (JQuery), Web Services, IBM WebSphere, RTC, Selenium, Maven
- Experience implementing web applications based on Responsive Web Design, leveraging HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge of SOA and experience integrating with Web Services a plus.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a computer-related field is required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated OOP/D skills and comfort implementing Java-based web solutions.
- Experience/expertise with the following web technologies:
- Spring MVC
- Angular JS
- Other presentation-tier technologies common in the Java/J2EE space
- Experience/expertise with the following service-tier technologies:
- Spring & Dependency Injection (IOC)
- REST Web Services
- Multi-threaded Java
- Experience with Eclipse or similar development environments
- Experience with SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with single page architecture patterns
- Experience with cloud architecture patterns
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort following the best practices of agile development and Extreme Programming.
- Ability to balance priorities and work on multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Strong judgment, issues management and problem analysis techniques.
- Strong organization and coordination skills.
- Ability to work as part of an interactive, collaborative team as well as independently.