MetroStar Systems is seeking an Java Web Service Developer who is responsible for the web services design and architecture on enterprise and data management. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively write custom web services to translate large data sets from its source to custom web API's. If you are open to commuting to Suitland, MD and you want to join a team developing cutting edge analytics on one of the largest collections of data in the nation we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’ll love our position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 3+ years experience with Java Web Services RESTful (primary), WSDL, XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls (JDBC preferred)
- You have experience in developing, modifying, and enhancing data and metadata service components
- You have experience implementing ETL processes and creating ETL scripts from relational databases
- You have experience in Linux and bash or shell scripting
- You a Bachelor's degree and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
We’ll REALLY love you if…
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You are familiar with Kafka, Accumulo, Apache Storm/Spark, and other data processing tools
- You have experience in Elasticsearch and designing data index for search capabilities
What your day will look like:
- Develop, modify, and enhance data and metadata service components, implement and integrate ETL processes, and support Elasticsearch index adjustments/restructuring due to data changes
- Develop specifications that outline the design and implementation details for data ingest processes.
- Translate and integrate release data and development specifications and requirements.
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, developers, and users to comprehend data requirements and develop a robust data processing pipeline that will ingest, normalize, enrich, and expose data
- You will participate in cross-product design discussions to design and develop in a rapid, iterative environment
The Admin Stuff:
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information.Accordingly, US Citizenship is required. We are unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future for this role.
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.