Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
This position reports directly to the Sr. Sales Manager. The Marketing and Communications Manager is tasked with a broad variety of marketing communications activities and operates within a deadline driven environment. The successful candidate must be able to generate ideas, write news releases, articles, blogs and social media updates. The candidate will also contact reporters, producers and editors in print and broadcast media to place stories. In addition, the Marketing and Communications Manager will manage internal communication campaigns including newsletters. This position may also organize promotional or community-centered programs. The successful candidate must be able to write, organize events and develop marketing materials. In this role the candidate will be expected to manage creative projects and events from concept to completion with guidance from the Sr. Sales Manager.
The best Marketing Managers are self-starters and critical thinkers focused on client experience. They should be able to transition between marketing strategy, campaign development, social media and technology to support the business. A significant architect of the organization’s image, the Marketing Manager will shape a relevant vision for the brand, develop and deliver a strategic approach to all functional areas of Marketing. They will identify and lead new strategies, concepts and opportunities that strengthen brand equity and help drive growth.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manages marketing activities including strategy, generating ideas, writing news releases and other materials and contacting reporters to place stories.
- Presents concepts, strategy and creative execution.
- Coordinate with Daifuku Japan’s corporate marketing group on marketing direction for each product line.
- Implements marketing strategies by coordinating the creation and production of marketing materials and social media outreach.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Organize trade shows and facilitate marketing direction for consistency between Daifuku entities.
- Produce, organize, and assemble original marketing materials, strategic and technical presentations, editing, graphic production in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Create original graphics for inclusion in marketing, business development, and divisional needs.
- Creation and maintenance of marketing files and databases including project reference sheets, staff resumes, abstracts, white papers, and project photography.
- Creation and maintenance and social media content, establishing a strong brand voice and strategy.
- Working within a global division to create one unified message.
- Maintenance and development of new content for website.
Broad Knowledge as Follows (Basic/Preferred)
- Marketing communication.
- Overall business knowledge sufficient to develop marketing strategies on inter-departmental, corporate, business-to-business, and or/client levels.
- Basic business case analysis.
- Basic level concepts, practices and procedures of project management.
Skills & Abilities as Follows (Basic/Preferred)
- Organization, planning and time management.
- Exercising judgment and self-direction to independently complete projects.
- Business and communication skills sufficient to work in a professional environment.
- Exercise initiative and problem solving skills to independently resolve issues.
- Learn and document new procedures independently and accurately.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from professional publications.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Proficient with a wide range of software including SharePoint, CRM databases, Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent formatting, technical writing/editing, graphic layout and production, and efficient/timely production of materials
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships with employees at all levels within the organization; ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives, and strong creative problem-solving skills are required. Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Communications or related field and 3+ years of experience, or equivalent.
- Marketing experience required.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities as Follows:
- This position includes periods of telephone-intensive work and may require sitting for long periods of time.
- This position may include outside travel and trade show display organization (this can be auto or air travel).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1000.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1000 and leave a message and your call will be returned.