Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Tax Accountant II.
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
To prepare file-ready federal and state corporate tax returns and prepare quarterly corporate income tax provision. This position reports to the Tax Manager.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare file-ready federal and state corporate tax returns and workpapers
- Prepare quarterly provision timely and accurately
- Review fixed assets for tax depreciation
- Prepare filed ready local business returns
- Research projects as assigned
- Identify tax savings opportunities
- Attend R&D tax credit meetings and assist with documentation
- Audit support
- Other projects as assigned
- Computer Programs— Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- English Language— Knowledge of structure and content of English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and quantitative competencies
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Possess intellectual agility; readily accepts challenges of unfamiliar task
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information. Expresses ideas in a concise and organized manner
- Strong organizational, planning and documentation skills
- Dependable and trustworthy
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to use technology to increase efficiency
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years experience in tax department in public accounting
- Experience with tax provision software preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- CPA preferred
Demonstrated Physical Abilities
Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
Daifuku North America Holding Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1000.
Daifuku North America Holding Company offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1000 and leave a message and your call will be returned.